Pullover sleeves chugging along

The sleeves for my cowl collared pullover are coming along nicely.  The first one is finished and here is a photo of the second one, underway.  It’s hard to get a true picture of the colour.  This distance seemed to work better.  When I tried to fill the photo with the work, it looked more grey than blue.  It’s a mystery to me.  I’m keen to finish the sleeves and get it all sewn up so I can get onto the collar.  That’s the whole purpose of this exercise.  It’s a good exercise in patience and a good motivation for keeping on going. 

Sleeve
Sleeve

 

10 ply Alpaca/Merino in the middle of summer?

My cowl collared pullover is continuing nicely.  I’ve been keen to see the diffence of the appearance of the tone on tone yarn colours in the stocking stitch/cable sleeves in comparison to the very textured front/back.  That’s partly apparent from my tension squares (swatches), but it’s good to see some finished pieces to see what it really looks like.

Here’s the completed back and the almost finished front.  You can see what I meant about the colour change at the top of the back.  I’d rather see this at the top or bottom, as it is, than as a band in the middle of a piece, so it’s working out OK. Both pieces were photographed on the same spot with the same lighting.  Who know’s what the camera was doing?  Not me!

Back
Back

 

Front
Front

I was OK with doing p3 togs all through every fourth row, but I’m happy to be onto the sleeves, which are stocking stitch, with a cable up the middle.  There’s a bit less concentration required. 🙂

As for knitting in the middle of summer, we seem to be having a high 30’s day once a week, rather than an ongoing heatwave in other parts of the country, so the house hasn’t been heating up day after day.  So the knitting continues.  And I’ll have a lovely warm pullover to wear when summer is over. Yay!

A new project

I have a new project underway.  The next step in trying different collars is the cowl collar.  The vehicle for this collar will be a pullover in Misti Alpaca Tonos Worsted using a relief stitch for the body and a cable for the sleeves.  My intention for the collar is to use a k2, p2 rib.  I’ll worry about that when I get to it.  Here are the swatches for this project.  The first swatch uses Raspberry stitch.

RIMG0145 RIMG0146

I’ve finished the back of the pullover now.  All the skeins are in the same dye lot, but a strange thing happened with the second skein.  It was the light and dark blue as shown above, then I came to a join in the yarn and it’s been predominantly dark blue since then.  This happened at the top of the back.  I’m continuing in this darker blue for the beginning of the front. Hopefully it will all look like it belongs together by the end.