The pattern for the Abundance Pullover is now available.
This is a Boat Necked Lace Pullover, knitted in a Bamboo Cotton blend. The yarn I’ve used is Sirdar Juicy DK
, which is beautifully soft and has gorgeous drape.
Yarn Suggested: Sirdar Juicy DK or any DK/8 ply yarn (preferable a bamboo blend)
Gauge: 18 sts = 4 inches in Bluebells Stitch (wet blocked)
Needle Size: 4mm
Meterage: 942 – 1130 m (1030 – 1236 yards )
This pattern is available to buy from Ravelry for $US 5.00
I think this is a pretty good effort for one week of non-concerted effort. A tension square was absolutely necessary, especially in helping to select colours. I’d initially chosen yarn colours from a webpage. When I knitted up the tension square, I could see that a couple of them didn’t have enough contrast with the main colour. So I went for a deeper version of those colours, and they’re working out really well.
All of the fair isle patterns I’m using have an odd number of rows, so the new colour starts at one end, and finishes at the other end. Odd numbers of rows and stitches do seem to look better in a lot of designs. Maybe that’s a standard thing with fair isle; I don’t know. I suppose this means the ends will be woven in evenly along both sides, but I’m finding it a bit annoying. I was thinking that having all the ends at one side would mean I could tie them off against each other.
The rib band wants to flip up, so I’ve had to weight it down with a couple of balls of yarn for the photo.
Both the Abundance Pullover and the Leafy Squares Fingerless Mitts are coming to the end of their test phase. I’m hoping to have more news on them soon.
Exciting news: I’ve had a design accepted with a magazine! I’ll have to contain my excitement until June, when it will be published.
The Fair Isle Pullover I mentioned in my previous post is now underway, as pictured.
It’s nice to see it at a distance like this. When I’m knitting, I’m too close up to see how the pattern’s really looking. Hmm. Looks a bit narrow, now that I see it like this. I’ll have to do another measure, to make sure its’s big enough.
My two current test knits which are underway, the Abundance Pullover and the Leafy Squares Fingerless Mitts, are coming along nicely. One of each is finished, and they look great. I’m not sure what to do with the pullover, as my testers are finding that it blocks bigger than it should. When all are done, I’ll have to go over all the final measurements, and see if I can adjust the pattern to fix this.
The normal duties of everyday life have rudely taken me away from my knitting and design. Dreadful!
But a few things have progressed.
The Abundance Pullover is currently being test knitted by five lovely testers on Ravelry.
After having to re-knit a few mistakes, the cowl is finished and has been sent to a magazine publisher for consideration.
I’ve knit one of a pair of fingerless mitts that I’ve designed, and am half way through the second. I was reminded today why knitting a pattern which requires concentration, and doing increases on every third row, is not a good idea while enjoying excellent company and conversation. Dammit! Yet again, it’s the small items which thwart me.