What a difference a blocking makes

We’ve gone from a crumpled piece of fabric to a smooth, nicely shaped sleeve.  It’s fascinating to see them side by side.

Well, all pieces are now made, and currently blocking. I’ll be writing up the pattern, and getting on to making up the pullover. Fingers crossed.

Of course, drawing near to the end of one project prompts thoughts about the next. This time I’m entering the secret world of magazine submissions. This is something I’ve never done before, so it’s all new to me. I’ve started on a sample square for a cowl (and that’s all I can say). Once that’s done, I’ll check the submissions guidelines for my chosen target. It should be an interesting exercise, if only for learning how to submit to magazines.

I’ve changed my PayPal account from Personal to Premier, so can now accept credit card payments. I didn’t know that I couldn’t take credit card payments till yesterday. I don’t know if that’s stopped anyone from buying, but at least it’s not an issue. If your credit card payment doesn’t work, please let me know.

Abundance sleeves looking good

The back and front of the pullover are finished and I’m onto the sleeves.  They look a little narrow, but I’m pushing on, so I can finish and block them, then I’ll really know about the size.  It is a bit disconcerting when the blocked size can vary a lot from the size while knitting.  It makes me very anxious, so I have to force myself to continue, rather than grinding to a halt with worry.  The pieces do at least look to be the right sort of shape, so that’s encouraging.

This month I’m the knitting Designer in the Spotlight in the Budding Designers Downunder group on Ravelry.  If you want to get in on the KAL pop into the Budding Designers Downunder group and look at the Designer Spotlight – Sharon Slarke thread.  I’m hoping I get a few more finished projects of items using my designs.  A bit more visibility would be great.

Blocking the Vest

The Sideways Vest is currently blocking, as pictured. What a difference a blocking makes. It’s finally starting to look like a vest. It’s quite thick yarn, and taking a long time to dry. I’m itching for it to dry, so that I can try it on, and see if it really is working the way I want. The plan is to add on armhole ribbing, now that the length is blocked out to the right size. I won’t decide on that definitively, until I’ve tried it on to get a better idea.

Mother’s Day Breakfast update:
The bacon was beautiful and crisp. The eggs were cooked perfectly.
And it came with fried tomato. What a lucky Mum I am!