Well it’s nearly New Year. Hope you had a great Christmas and that you’ll have a wonderful New Year.
My Trellis Rib Vest is complete. I’m currently looking for test knitters to try out the pattern. It’s my first truly “wearable” design (apart from a hat) and am very pleased that it fits the way I intended. As my first multi-size piece, I’m only including three sizes. If they succeed, I’ll feel confident to branch out into more sizes. I’m trying to limit myself to baby steps.
In the mean time, I’ve started work on a new scarf design. It’ll be a fairly narrow, short scarf, with lace at each end. I’ve done most of my calculations, and bought the yarn today. I’m using Heirloom Celone in, what I’d call sage green.
I’ve finished my sample for the hat pattern, and I’m really pleased with it. The colour, which I wasn’t sure about, looks lovely knitted up. The stitch pattern looks good. The decreases for the crown seem OK to me.
I have a request for test knitters open on Ravelry’s Free Pattern Testers Group. I’ve had two takers so far, and am hoping for a few more. I’m really excited to see how people go knitting from my instructions, and to see other people’s version of the hat.